Avast is a giant when it comes to security solution offerings for your personal computing devices. Millions of users across the world are making use of this antivirus solution to safeguard and protect their information on the internet. It is a security solution that ensures protection and prevents viruses, malicious threats and spyware threats from infecting your personal computers and other devices.
However, if you are not aware as to how to Avast, this is the right place where you want to be. In this article, we will be speaking about how to install Avast, how to remove Avast from Mac and how to turn off Avast. Let us dive into more detail and first see how to install Avast security solution on your devices.
How to Install Avast
In order to start using the software solution, the following are the different steps that need to be taken to make sure the installation is done correctly without any hassle.
- At first, log into the system as a user that has admin permissions and make sure that no other antivirus software is currently running on your personal computer.
- Now click on the Avast free antivirus solution file and download the software and save the file on your personal computer. However, by default, the file will be saved in the download folder of your device.
- Now right click the downloaded file and select the option of the run as administrator from the menu list.
- Now click on the install option and proceed with the installation of the software on your personal computer.
- Wait till the program is completely installed on your device and click continue on the screen, just below you are protected option.
- Review and read the policy and click continue to install the software on your device.
Congratulations. You are now protected with the free antivirus version offered by Avast. You can access the interface through the icon on your desktop.
How to Remove Avast from Mac
To uninstall the Avast solution, follow the following steps in order to remove the solution from your personal computer.
- Click the menu bar icon and chose open Avast from the list of the context menu.
- Now click on security option in the menu bar and then select uninstall Avast option.
- Click on the uninstall option and continue.
This is will uninstall the solution completely from your device and you are no longer protected from the antivirus solution on your Mac device.
How to Turn Off Avast
If you are facing program installing a certain program, it might be due to the antivirus installed on your device. Thus, turning it off temporarily can help you install the program you are in need off. Here is how to do it.
- Click on the Avast antivirus icon to open up the list of options that are concerned with the security suite.
- Now go the Avast shield control, and then select the option according to how long you want to turn off the solution.
- Click confirm to disable and turn off Avast